Thursday 1 June 2017

the chance of a lifetime

The chance of a lifetime

Who in the world gets 30 acres of land to do whatever they want with? Me... I'm the lucky one who inherits a fortune. Oh I forgot to introduce myself.  I'm Helen and I’m 25 and I’ve got my dream job, an architect. as you might guess, I'm going to build an abundance  of new houses on this land, or should I?

Today is Monday, the first working day of the week.  pretty much a usual Monday for everyone else except for me. I’ve got piles of papers, loads of files, appointments for bank accounts, debts and basically, a whole lot of work that could take months to sort out, sitting on my desk glaring me in the face.

That day, I was going to visit the farm that my grandmother left in my name. As I travel, i look out onto gorgeous land around me. it’s autumn so all the trees are dropping golden leaves onto the ground, the rolling hills make this land seem surreal. My grandmother owned horses so there is a crowd of them grazing in the pasture. There are colours that stand out and there are colours that are dull, there are palominos, chestnuts, bays, liver chestnuts, dark browns, light browns and then there are the horses that look like they’ve been covered in snow, their colours are striking and anybody who knows something about horses would say, ‘no horse is truly white they are grey,’ but for theses horses we could make an exception. The herd of dairy cows that she owned added up to a gigantic number of 763 cows. At that moment i realised how beautiful nature really is it's imperfections help make it perfect. I thought to myself do i really want to ruin it?

No comments:

Post a Comment